More than 64,000 Americans die each year from opioid overdose. Working as partners, EDC helps communities develop the prevention knowledge, skills, and systems needed to prevent opioid misuse, overdose, and overdose-related deaths.
We can help you:
- Understand the complexity of the opioid crisis and how to prepare stakeholders to work together to address it
- Reach those populations at greatest risk
- Engage in a deliberate strategic planning process that links programming to critical outcomes
- Identify and implement strategies to prevent opioid overdose and related death, as well as those that improve health outcomes among individuals who have experienced a nonfatal overdose
- Tailor prevention information and messaging to meet the needs, and address the fears, of different audiences
- Shape attitudes and reduce prejudice toward people who struggle with addiction