Approximately 6 million (3%) of U.S. adults engage in problem gambling each year. PS@EDC understands that problem gambling is not a stand-alone issue; it disproportionately affects those with substance use or mental health disorders and those most affected by income, housing, and educational disparities.
We can help you:
- Understand the linkages between problem gambling and substance misuse
- Develop the systemic supports needed to address these related problems in coordinated and culturally-informed ways
- Build and support processes that engage diverse stakeholders in prevention efforts
- Develop community plans to prevent problem gambling in those communities at highest risk
- Identify and implement culturally appropriate prevention strategies
- Create messaging related to program gambling that draws from local concerns and issues and increases community understanding of and readiness to address the problem
- Break down silos and created meaningful integration to promote health and wellness for everyone.